Keychange seeks to witness Christianity through practical care. The Charity is a provider of residential care for older people, and support and accommodation for vulnerable people.
We seek to create communities with a Christian ethos, where staff are enabled to give the best of care and Christian love.
Our Christian ethos challenges us to provide care and support that meets, and then exceeds, the minimum regulatory standards required by local and national Government.
The Charity’s aims and objects are as set out in the Memorandum of Association
- The advancement of the Christian faith
- The relief of persons who are in need by reasons of their age, infirmity or financial circumstances: and
- The promotion by such means as are consistent with the new life in Christ Jesus of other charitable purposes for the advancement of intellectual, social and physical welfare in accordance with the Basis of Faith Statement of the Charity.
Inspired by the Christian ethos, to give loving care of the highest standard to each person in our care, and to be a voice for vulnerable people.
Our Core Values
- We believe that men and women are created in the image of God, and that everyone should have a life worth living.
- We believe in the unconditional love of God and the dignity and worth of individuals without discrimination of any kind, and to provide assistance to live independently.
- Our work is inspired by the Bible and therefore we believe that caring for the vulnerable in our society is a responsibility from God, in partnership with local Christian communities.
- We value all our employees and volunteers and affirm them in their work and endeavour always to conduct our business in accordance with best practice.
- We exercise faith as a means of provision coupled with responsible financial stewardship and an underpinning of prayer in all that we do.
Our Basis of Faith
- Belief in the one God as Creator in three persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Belief that Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully human and though he was perfect, died on our behalf by crucifixion because of our sin, that he then rose from death and ascended into heaven and that he will return in person to judge the living and the dead.
- Recognition that although we are all guilty of sin, God calls to us according to his plans. If we turn away from sin and turn to Christ through his grace and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we believe that our sins can be forgiven, freely and completely, because of Christ’s death. His death frees us to become more like him, and through the power of the Holy Spirit, to be raised up to heaven after we die to enjoy eternal life with him.
- Acceptance that the Bible, as the revelation of God as originally given, is totally reliable and has absolute authority. The Bible is the basis of our faith and should be depended on to resolve any questions of belief or conduct.
- Belief that we are all called by God to spread the good news of the Christian faith and to model our lives on that of Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the priesthood of all believers, who together make up the worldwide church, the body of Christ.
Keychange Charity is affiliated to the Evangelical Alliance.
© Keychange | Reg Charity No: 1061344 | Company No: 3317563