The Charity’s aims and objects are as set out in the Memorandum of Association
- The advancement of the Christian faith
- The relief of persons who are in need by reasons of their age, infirmity or financial circumstances: and
- The promotion by such means as are consistent with the new life in Christ Jesus of other charitable purposes for the advancement of intellectual, social and physical welfare in accordance with the Basis of Faith Statement of the Charity.
Values, Ethos and Behaviours
Keychange is a Christian Charity, Creating Caring Communities.
As a Christian Charity it is very important that whatever we believe and value, should be demonstrated in all we do. Therefore our Christian beliefs have informed our Values and Ethos – the distinctive things and attitudes that we believe are important. Our Values and Ethos are meaningless unless we demonstrate them through our Behaviours.
We value and invest in our staff and volunteers, developing their skills and confidence, inspiring and motivating them to find real meaning and purpose in their roles.
We say “how can I be my best and bring the best out in others?”
We work to serve one another and to enable staff to take leadership responsibility at every level.
Only the best will do
We seek to deliver services of the highest possible quality and constantly improve through listening, reflecting, learning and action.
We say “how can I become better at helping others?”
We learn from our mistakes and share our best skills.
All are equal
We respect the equality and unique value of every individual and create opportunities for people to fulfil their potential because the Bible teaches that all people are equal in the sight of God.
We say “welcome to everybody.”
We provide equality for all and we celebrate diversity.
Waste not, want not
We exercise responsible stewardship, making the best use of all of our resources and aim for the highest environmental standards in all we do, because the Bible teaches us that humanity is responsible for the safe-keeping of the creation which has been entrusted to our care.
We say “what can I use more effectively and efficiently?”
We recycle everything we can and we ensure that all our contracts and purchases operate as ethically as possible.
Playing our part in Society
Keychange endeavours to allow our Christian ethos to shape how we relate to the larger society, including the many financial and community organisations we are in contact with.
We say “how can I always demonstrate our ethos to whoever I meet?”
We make sure that all we do and say matches with all we believe.
Working together with vulnerable people and their families, local communities and other organisations, we place the individual’s needs at the heart of our services. In all our relationships we act with integrity, being open, honest and transparent.
We say “who else can help this person?”
We treat others how we want to be treated ourselves.
Justice for all
Working closely with vulnerable and disadvantaged people, we must challenge injustice, using our experience and knowledge to achieve change.
We say “how can I help the least fortunate in society?”
We put others needs first and speak up for those who can’t.
Our Basis of Faith
- Belief in the one God as Creator in three persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Belief that Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully human and though he was perfect, died on our behalf by crucifixion because of our sin, that he then rose from death and ascended into heaven and that he will return in person to judge the living and the dead.
- Recognition that although we are all guilty of sin, God calls to us according to his plans. If we turn away from sin and turn to Christ through his grace and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we believe that our sins can be forgiven, freely and completely, because of Christ’s death. His death frees us to become more like him, and through the power of the Holy Spirit, to be raised up to heaven after we die to enjoy eternal life with him.
- Acceptance that the Bible, as the revelation of God as originally given, is totally reliable and has absolute authority. The Bible is the basis of our faith and should be depended on to resolve any questions of belief or conduct.
- Belief that we are all called by God to spread the good news of the Christian faith and to model our lives on that of Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the priesthood of all believers, who together make up the worldwide church, the body of Christ.
Keychange Charity is affiliated to the Evangelical Alliance.