Alde House was started by a group of local Christians. They were concerned that there was no provision for the elderly in the village. In 1972 Stumpwell Housing Assocoation was formed to meet this need.
The primary aim of Alde House is to provide a homely and safe atmosphere where the residents can:-
- be respected as an individual
- be as independent as they are able
- a peaceful and stimulating environment
- be cared for in a way that meets their individual needs
- feel safe and secure in comfortable surroundings
- be among friends in a caring community
- feel part of an extended family
Our objective is to give all residents a happy and comfortable stay at Alde House, however long that may be.