Manager Cristiana answers your questions
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CONTACT US?
- When you email us, unless specified otherwise we will make contact with you by phone within 24 hours.
- When you phone us, a member of our leadership team will be able to support you with your enquiry.
- During the call we will endeavour to find out more about your personal situation and will give you an overview of how we may be able to support you moving forward.
- We will discuss the different types of care provision we can offer, our pricing structures and the fundamentals of our contract.
- Should you wish to, we can send you an email with the link to our 360 Virtual Tour and some photos to have a taste of our beautiful home.
- We can also post you a brochure in relation to staying at Alexander House.
- We will invite you to visit Alexander House at a convenient time for yourself to discuss your requirements in more detail.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU VISIT US?
- Your visit to Alexander House will be a great opportunity to find out everything you need to make an informed decision on your care needs for yourself or your loved one.
- During your visit, you will have the opportunity to view the different room types we offer, our facilities, menu choices and activity programme.
- After your individualised tour we can offer you additional guidance on care assessment and pricing.
- We will also provide details on the type of care we offer, our staffing structure and will reply to any query you might have.
- We will talk you through what will happen should you wish to move in, our assessment process and arrange a follow-up call or meeting.
- If at this stage you would like to progress to an assessment we will talk you through any additional information and arrange a suitable day and time with one of our experienced clinical team.
WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE MOVING INTO YOUR NEW HOME?
- We will agree on a day and time for the pre-admission assessment (in person or via Zoom).
- We will request access to your loved one’s GP medical history.
- Once the medical records are received and the pre-admission assessment is completed, we will be able to provide your final individual pricing (room price varies according to care needs).
- Should you wish to move into Alexander House, we ask for a reservation deposit equal to 2 weeks’ residence fees which will secure your room.
- We will then discuss a suitable day for you to move into your new home, arrange for contracts to be signed and look forward to welcoming you.
- Should you decide not to move into the home then we will fully refund your deposit.
CAN I BRING MY OWN TV & FURNITURE?
- We provide a fully furnished room, but if you prefer to move in with your own furniture, you are welcome to do so.
- WI-FI and television connections are available in all rooms.
HOW OFTEN CAN I VISIT?
- You will be able to visit your loved ones every day of the week.
- To visit we have a booking-in system to guarantee safe visiting.
- We will ask you to provide a proof of negative LFD test on the day of your visit. If you don’t have test kits at home, we can provide you with some.
- If you are not able to visit in person, we can connect you with your loved ones via Zoom, Teams or Skype.
TESTING AND VACCINE
- Our staff is fully vaccinated and regularly tested with both PCR & LFD tests.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY LOVED ONE’S NEEDS INCREASE OVER TIME?
- We will organise regular care plan reviews, so you will be always aware of your loved one’s needs.
- We might adjust the fee over time according to the level of needs.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY LOVED ONE RUNS OUT OF MONEY?
- No need to worry, we will get in contact with the council and we will agree with them a new weekly fee.
- We will take care of all medication management.
- We will book Hospital appointments when needed.
- We will book regular hearing, sight and dentist appointments.
- Electronic Medication Administration System (E-mar) and Electronic Care Planning (PCS) are in place to guarantee the best quality of care.
- We will provide a range of stimulating activities tailored to individual preferences and our monthly calendar is full of events – Yoga, Pilates, Gardening, Quizzes, Prayers, Poetry Club are just a few examples.
- Our Vibrant Community platform enables people living here to stay connected with families and other communities having fun together.
- We have good connections and support from the local church and volunteers.
- Lots of parties and barbecues are happening during the summer in our beautiful garden.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- Please get in touch, we are here to help!