Conni answers your questions
What is important to the people living at your home?
- The freedom to do what they want when they want!
- Excellent food
- Lovely surroundings
- Kind staff
How is your home unique and different from other care homes in the area?
We pride ourselves on having an extremely skilled staff team, who not only are able to deal with all care needs, but who do this with Christian kindness.
What are some first impressions from visitors? What do they say as they look round your home?
- People visiting the home say it has a lovely feel to it.
- They are impressed with the accommodation and facilities.
- Visitors always comment on how friendly the staff are.
What are we looking for in recruiting people to work at your home?
When recruiting new staff the most important thing we look for is kindness and patience. Obviously people need to be able to demonstrate skills in the area in which they are planning to work, e.g. care, cooking etc., but how they interact with older people is crucial.
- “I’ve never been happier, everything about it (Erith House) is right.” (Resident Quote)
- “The food is first class, always made fresh.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff couldn’t be nicer – super people.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff are marvellous, I don’t do anything I don’t want to. I get up and go to bed when I want.” (Resident Quote)