Manager Tracey answers your questions
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CONTACT US?
• When you contact us, a member of our leadership team will be able to support you with your enquiry.
• During the call we will endeavour to find out more about your personal situation and will give you an overview of how we may be able to support you moving forward.
• We will discuss the different types of care provision we can offer, our pricing structures and the fundamentals of our contract.
• We will invite you to visit Fair Havens during the day (avoiding lunchtime between 12.30 and 13.30) to discuss your requirements in more detail.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU VISIT US?
• Your visit to Fair Havens will be a great opportunity to find out everything you need to make an informed decision on your care needs for yourself or your loved one.
• After your individualised tour we can offer you additional guidance on care assessment and pricing.
• If we feel we cannot meet your needs, we will be open and honest with you.
WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE MOVING INTO YOUR NEW HOME?
• We will agree on a day and time for the pre-admission assessment (in person or via Zoom).
• Once the medical records are received and the pre-admission assessment is completed, we will be able to provide your final individual pricing (room price varies according to care needs).
• We will then discuss a suitable day for you to move into your new home, arrange for contracts to be signed and look forward to welcoming you.
CAN I BRING MY OWN TV AND FURNITURE?
• We provide a fully furnished room, but if you prefer to move in with your own furniture, you are welcome to do so.
• WI-FI and television connections are available in all rooms.
HOW OFTEN CAN I VISIT?
• You will be able to visit your loved ones every day of the week.
• We will ask you to provide a proof of negative LFD test on the day of your visit. If you don’t have test kits at home, we can provide you with some. Please also wear a face covering – masks can be provided on arrival.
• If you are not able to visit in person, we can connect you with your loved ones via Zoom, Teams or Skype.
TESTING AND VACCINE
• Our staff is fully vaccinated and regularly tested with both PCR & LFD tests.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY LOVED ONE’S NEEDS INCREASE OVER TIME?
• We will organise regular care plan reviews, so you will be always aware of your loved one’s needs.
• We might adjust the fee over time according to the level of needs.
• We will take care of all medication management.
• We will book regular hearing, sight and dentist appointments.
• Electronic Medication Administration System (E-mar) and Electronic Care Planning (PCS) are in place to guarantee the best quality of care.
• We will provide a range of stimulating activities tailored to individual preferences and our monthly calendar is full of events – Cooking, Pizza-Making, Cake-Decorating, Games Mornings are just a few examples.
• Our Vibrant Community platform enables people living here to stay connected with families and other communities having fun together.
• We have good connections and support from volunteers and 3 local churches – they hold a Church Service at Fair Havens every other Tuesday.
• Lots of themed parties and barbecues are happening during the summer in our beautiful garden.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
• Please get in touch, we are here to help!