Manager Denise answers your questions
What is important to the people living at your home?
- Friendly, dedicated staff
- Living in a homely home
- Being encouraged to remain as independent as possible
- Community involvement, such as regular residents’ meetings
How is your home unique and different from other care homes in the area?
Romans is the only charity-led care home in the local area. The majority of our staff have grown up in the area and so Romans has been part of our lives and we continue to maintain these links with our local community. Romans is a friendly, welcoming home.
What are some first impressions from visitors? What do they say as they look round your home?
The care home is friendly, homely and clean.
What are you looking for in recruiting people to work at Romans?
- Caring nature
- Staff who want to make a difference every day to the lives of those we care for
- “Positive, caring relationships had been developed between people and staff. People and their relatives felt the care delivered was good and that staff were kind, caring, helpful, attentive and respectful.” (Quote from CQC Inspector)
- “Hopefully I treat people the right way. You have to think about your own family, my mum, and how I would like her to be treated.” (Staff Quote)
- “I’m so happy. I came here for three days and have been here since!!” (Resident Quote)
- “Romans made the transition to permanency as easy as possible. A very long period of worry had come to an end and the family has complete confidence that Romans is the right place for mum to see out her later years.” (Relative Quote)
- “She has a much better quality of life now as she has made lots of friends already and has settled really well, which makes me very happy to know she is being cared for so well. I would definitely recommend Romans for anyone looking for a placement for a loved one.” (Relative Quote)