The manager Georgie answers your questions
What is important to the residents living at your home?
That it feels like their home, they are part of our family, and they are able to live life how they choose.
How is Rose Lawn unique and different from other care homes in the area?
Rose Lawn is on a flat walk and is central to the town, making it easy to get to the sea front for a stroll (or push) along the promenade. We also have strong connections with the community including Sidmouth churches and outside groups. Our activities programme is very active and varied, and we have regular trips out.
What are some first impressions from visitors? What do they say when they look round the home?
People coming to Rose Lawn remark on how much they enjoy visiting and that they feel like they are being given a “hug” when they walk through the front door. We have a bright and spacious home that is decorated tastefully.
What are you looking for in recruiting people to work at Rose Lawn?
When recruiting staff we look for kindness and a caring nature – experience will come for those working with us, but a strong caring nature and good team work ethic are essential when working in care.
- “I would be happy to move in here.” (Visitor Quote)
- “We are a big family here; the staff are wonderful, they make me feel safe.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff are really lovely, they can’t do too much for you. I love it here.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff are very caring. It could be difficult to cater individually for everyone’s needs and wants, but there is always lots going on and lots of staff who support people individually.” (Health Professional Quote)
- “Residents are at the heart of everything.” (Visitor Quote)