Frequently asked questions
What is important to the people living at Walmer House?
- Residents enjoy the homely feel to Walmer House.
- Residents feel very secure living here.
- They enjoy having the freedom to make as many choices as possible.
How is the home unique and different from other care homes in the area?
Walmer House is a small seventeen bedroom home. This brings a warm homely feeling. We have a spacious lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking our garden.
What are some first impressions from visitors? What do they say as they look round Walmer House?
- Visitors often say that Walmer House is a lovely home, with a warm welcoming feeling to it.
- Visitors ask if they may put their name down for moving in!!
- GPs and other visiting professionals also comment on the warm welcome.
What are we looking for in recruiting people to work at Walmer House?
- All new (and existing) staff members are expected to be respectful towards the Christian ethos of the home.
- They are expected to be respectful of the needs of the residents.
- They are encouraged to gain more qualifications which in turn gives them confidence and satisfaction in their achievements.
- “I’m very well cared for, they help me so well every day.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff are perfect and lovely, they’re like friends.” (Resident Quote)
- “The staff are very good, always welcoming and friendly.” (Relative Quote)
- “I’m looked after very well. The staff are very kind.” (Resident Quote)
- “We are free to visit whenever we wish.” (Relative Quote)