Meet the Manager Christina Williams
To All the Staff at Rose Lawn
I would like to thank all of you who looked after Mum in any way, especially the lovely carers who looked after Mum so well, particularly since she began to need full time personal care in the last few weeks. Thank you also for making me welcome to visit often. Mum was content at Rose Lawn, enjoyed the food, her room and the view.
We look forward to welcoming you to Rose Lawn where we have created a caring community for up to 29 people.
At Rose Lawn, the safety, comfort and daily life of those who live with us are at the forefront of everything we do. We pride ourselves on delivering bespoke quality care, suited to your needs and preferences.
We have a varied and interactive activities schedule, held on and offline. We are a proud member of Vibrant communities, where we can join together on zoom with other homes in the group, and explore the world from the comfort of our armchairs. Inhouse activities include: Pilates, music therapy, animal visits, parties and celebrations with dedicated staff to ensure inclusivity and that you are supported to live life to the fullest.
We currently use an EMAR medication system and Electronic Care planning system (PCS), which enables us to work in partnership with you and your advocates in planning and delivering outstanding and safe care throughout your stay with us.
We believe in creating relationships and friendships, and that includes with the wider local community of Sidmouth. We have strong affiliations with the local churches and cafes, and supporting local businesses.
The original part of Rose Lawn was constructed at the beginning of the 20th century as a residential property. Significant investment has been made in 2 extensions in the last 20 years to accommodate the needs of this busy care home, and the site is now fully developed. The building has a high standard of décor and is well maintained. There is a very well-used conservatory at the front of the building.
Externally, Rose Lawn is painted rose pink and is known widely for this. The main feature of the front garden is the roses.
All rear ground floor bedrooms have their own patio and seating area with a view over Sidmouth Rugby Football grounds and in the distance the pristine local Bowling Green. All of our room have an ensuite facility, with some of our larger rooms having a wet room shower.
Rose Lawn lies close to Sidmouth High Street with its many interesting and varied shops. Access to the High Street and sea front from the home is by way of level, flat roads. Sidmouth retains its Victorian charm – J.R.R. Tolkien spent his summer holidays here as a child.
Additional information, services and facilities
- Respite care/short breaks
- You are welcome to bring your own furniture when moving in
- On-site laundry service is included in the price
- Visiting Dentist, Optician, Hairdresser and Chiropodist
- Wi-Fi is available
- All community members are tested regularly for Covid-19
- Strict and regularly reviewed infection control measures
- Access to our Refer-a-Friend recruitment scheme
- Ipads and laptops available for use, including video calling
- Call bell system in all rooms
- Lift to upper floor
- All rooms have telephone access points
- Home cooked food for all meals during the day, with 24 hour access to food and drinks on request. A wide and varied menu is available, with special diets catered for
- Parking available for visitors in front of the home
- Personal protective equipment available for all who enter the community