Meet the Manager Steve Burton
“Welcome to Alde House – if you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing do call me on 01494 813365 or email ”
My mother has been a resident since June 2017, as she was no longer capable of living independently. The manager, head of care and all the staff, without exception, have been so welcoming and kind, from the outset. My mother is very happy and extremely grateful for the care she receives. The home is
meticulously clean and well run with a warm, homely atmosphere. The food is of a very high standard, wholesome and nutritious with a varied menu. There is also a spectacular garden, well equipped with comfortable furniture and plenty of level, safe pathways for the residents to enjoy.
– Penny S (Daughter of Resident) Sept. 2020
Alde House provides accommodation for up to 16 residents.
Alde House is a 1920’s village house with an additional wing added in the early 1970’s.
Alde House was started by a group of local Christians. They were concerned that there was no provision for the elderly in the village. In 1972 Stumpwell Housing Assocoation was formed to meet this need.
The primary aim of Alde House is to provide a homely and safe atmosphere where the residents can:-
- be respected as an individual
- be as independent as they are able
- enjoy a peaceful and stimulating environment
- be cared for in a way that meets their individual needs
- feel safe and secure in comfortable surroundings
- be among friends in a caring community
- feel part of an extended family
Our objective is to give all residents a happy and comfortable stay at Alde House, however long that may be.
One-and-a-half acres of ground surround Alde House, which commands a fine view across the Thames Valley to Windsor Castle and beyond.
Additional information, services and facilities
- 11 en-suite single rooms with WC and wash basins
- 5 standard single rooms
- opportunity for personal furniture if desired
- 2 comfortable lounges for social gatherings
- attractive dining room with views to garden
- patio doors to sheltered patio and large garden
- car parking for guests
- no smoking policy within the house
- the home is unfortunately unable to accommodate pets